Ranger SST - PatrolWorks Mobile for Android
PatrolWorks Mobile is used for Private Property towing.
If you have questions or problems, please contact your sales/support representative:
Already familiar with the PatrolWorks Mobile?
January 9, 2019.
- Verify your Android device runs Android V5.0 or higher. On the device, go Home Screen -> Menu Key -> Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information. "Android version" must be 5.0 or higher. Note that the application has been tested on V5.0 and V6.0.
- Enable "Unknown Sources" in your Application settings. The "Unknown Sources" setting allows you to install non-Market apps, such as the Ranger app. On the device, go Home Screen -> Menu Key -> Settings -> Applications, then check the "Unknown Sources" box.
- Enable "Standalone GPS Services" in your Location settings. The "Standalone GPS Services" setting turns on the GPS chipset in your Android device and allows the Ranger app to determine your location. On the device, go Home Screen -> Menu Key -> Settings -> Location, then check the "Standalone GPS Services" box. Now go back to the home screen and make sure the GPS icon appears on the status bar at the top of the screen. The GPS icon looks like a small crosshair target with two waves on the right side.
- Uninstall the previous version of the PatrolWorks Mobile app. On the device, go Home Screen -> Menu Key -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications. In the "Downloaded" list, select the Ranger app. That will take you to the Application Info screen. Choose the Uninstall button to remove the PatrolWorks Mobile app from your device.
Follow these steps on your Android device for over-the-air (OTA) installation:
After installation is complete, you can restart the application by selecting "RangerSST PatrolWorks" from the installed applications list.
- Open the web browser.
- Navigate to the web page you're reading right now (http://www.rangersst.com/mobile/patrolworks/).
- Tap one of the links in the Downloads section (below). A popup will briefly appear that indicates "Starting download..."
- Press the "Home" button to return to the Home screen of the device.
- Wait for a "Download Complete" notification icon to appear on the status bar at the top of the screen. The icon looks like a down arrow with a line underneath.
- Swipe down from the status bar to the bottom of the Home screen to show the list of notifications.
- Tap the notification stating "PatrolWorks.apk download complete" (or something similar).
- A security popup appears that asks "Do you want to install this application?" Choose "Install". A progress bar appears while installation is pending.
- When installation is complete, choose "Open" to launch the application.
Date: January 9, 2019
Notes: For Property Managers, only show assigned lots.
Other downloads and special test builds are also available.